Oportun Credit Card
The Oportun Credit Card is a simple credit card that helps you build credit. You don’t need a credit history to qualify, but the card doesn’t come with any rewards.
No credit required
If you’ve never taken out money or a loan before, it can be difficult to qualify for a credit card because lenders can’t verify how you’ve dealt with debt in the past. Oportun will review your credit report when you apply.
However, Oportun does not require applicants to have a credit history to qualify for the card. This may help if you have not received credit in the past due to a limited credit history.
Credit limit of up to $1,000
According to Oportun, your credit limit can be up to $1,000, depending on the information you provide on your application.
High APR range
The Oportun® Visa® Credit Card’s variable APR of 29.9% is on the high end of other credit cards. Late payments will also cost you up to $35.
What else you should know about the Oportun Credit Card
Below is some additional information you may want to consider about the Oportun Credit Card.
- Prequalification Ability – You can verify your eligibility for the card without affecting your credit score.
- No Rewards Program – This card does not offer points or cash back on purchases.
- Not available in all states – check if the card is available in your state before applying.
- Flexible Payment Options – Cardholders can pay with cash online, by phone, by post or in person at any MoneyGram location.
- Bilingual Customer Service – Need Help? Oportun provides customer support in English and Spanish.
Who is this card suitable for?
The Oportun® Visa® Credit Card may be ideal for people with limited or no credit history. And since your payment history is reported to the major credit bureaus, having this card and keeping it in good standing can help you build a positive credit score. But to apply for the Oportun® Visa® credit card, you must live in a state that offers the card and be willing to pay a higher APR.
- American Express Centurion Black Card Review
- X1 Credit Card – Check how to apply.
- Destiny Credit Card – How to order online.
- Delta Skymiles® Reserve American Express Card Review – See more.
- American Express focuses on customer experience with new checking account and redesigned application
- Discover it® Rewards card rewards see how it works