When you run a business, your priority is to increase sales and reduce costs. With the right cash back credit card, you can do both. PayPal Business Mastercard may be a card that offers 2% cash back on purchases. Think of it as 2% off all purchases, while making it easier to manage your cash flow and track your expenses with a card with no annual fee.
You can issue employee cards for free, giving you the opportunity to earn cash back on top of your own employee expenses. Rewards are paid in cash to your PayPal account or as a statement credit, which reduces your balance. It comes with useful benefits, most notably cell phone and rental car insurance. Compared to similar flat-rate small business cashback cards, the PayPal Business Mastercard is a compelling proposition.
At first glance
2% cash back on unlimited purchases
$0 annual fee
Free employee card
Includes cell phone and rental car insurance benefits
14.74% – 29.74% variable APR upon purchase
PayPal Business Cash Back Mastercard Rewards
The PayPal Business Cash Back Mastercard offers a flat 2% cash back on purchases, there is no limit to how much cash back you can earn. No need to worry or keep track of bonuses or rotate bonus categories. Rewards are simple and easy to understand.
Remember to keep your monthly balance and accrued interest charges above any bonuses you earn. Therefore, it is important to pay off the card in full by the due date each month to avoid these fees. As long as no interest or fees are incurred, your 2% bonus is the net cash back in your account.
Rewards can be redeemed in two ways. Unsurprisingly, one of them involved depositing rewards into a PayPal account. For those unfamiliar with PayPal, it’s a bit like an online checking account, allowing you to send and receive money online. This is a popular way for businesses to accept credit cards and other payment methods.
You can also redeem your rewards for statement credit, which will lower your credit card balance.
The amount of the redemption request must be greater than $1. No matter which redemption option you choose, you’ll get the same value.
There are no limits or caps, and the rewards you can earn with this card have unlimited potential. The amount you earn is directly related to your spending. You will get $2 back for every $100 charged to your account.
For example, a business using the card for $2,500 per month will get $50 cash back per month, or $600 per year. Considering the card has no annual fee, it’s a solid bonus.
Advantages of PayPal Business Cash Back Mastercard
Mastercard offers PayPal business card benefits. While it’s nice to see more shopping and travel perks, this list compares pretty well to other cash-back cards with no annual fee.
- Cell Phone Protection: Getting cell phone protection through your credit card saves you money you would otherwise have to pay for insurance provided by the phone company. Charge your phone bills with this card and you’ll be protected from damage or theft up to $300 per claim and up to $500 per 12-month period. Please note that a maximum of two claims are allowed every 12 months, subject to a $50 deductible per claim.
- Extended Warranty: When you make a qualifying purchase with an OEM warranty of 24 months or less, this benefit doubles your warranty up to a repair or replacement value of $10,000.
- Rental Car Insurance: If you choose not to purchase insurance from the rental car company (which typically costs anywhere from $5 to $30 per day), this service ensures that your vehicle is insured against damage or theft. The terms and conditions are very strict, so please read them carefully before renting to ensure you are covered.
Other benefits, like a receipt management system, identity theft protection, and a savings plan when shopping with a Mastercard partner, are nice to know but less exciting.
- Regular APR: 14.74% – 29.74%
- Purchase introductory APR: Not applicable
- Introduction to Balance Transfer APR: N/A
- Annual Fee: $0
- Balance transfer fee: not applicable
- Cash Advance: $10.00 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Foreign purchase transaction fee: $0.
Is PayPal Business Cash Back Mastercard Right for You?
If you’re looking for a simple cash-back business credit card with no annual fee, the PayPal Business Mastercard is a compelling option. While there are many cards with higher cash back rates in certain spending categories, this one stands out among business owners who value simplicity.