The BankAmericard® Credit Card is ideal for cardholders who want to pay off debt quickly or avoid interest on purchases while taking advantage of the 18 billing cycle offer and 0% introductory interest benefit. Also, it comes with a signup bonus that is rare in this category. Our BankAmericard® Credit Card Review will take a closer look at the pros and cons of this credit card to help you decide if it’s a good fit for your financial goals.
Full BankAmericard Verification
This credit card is for: Cardholders looking to fund purchases or transfer credit card debt to be repaid over time at an introductory 0% APR.
- 0% Introductory APR for 18 Billing Cycles: 18 Billing Cycles is one of the longest lengths of time the 0% introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers is offered (promotional rates apply to transfers made within 60 days). Given the time frame, there is enough buffer to consolidate interest-bearing card balances or fund large purchases and pay off before the standard APR kicks in.
- $100 Sign-Up Bonus: Cardholders receive a $100 online statement credit for purchases of $1,000 within 90 days of account opening. This is a standout advantage among competitors who offer similar 0% introductory APR offers but no bonuses.
- No Annual Fee: There is no annual fee for using this credit card.
- No Penalty APR: Credit card issuers often hit cardholders who pay late with an increased or fined APR. This suggests that delayed reimbursement does not automatically increase a customer’s APR, so cardholders shouldn’t suffer a heart attack if they fail to pay on time.
- Free FICO® Score: Free FICO® Score is an increasingly common benefit in the credit card world, but it’s still a huge benefit that BankAmericard® credit card holders will find. The score is updated every billing cycle and can be accessed on the issuer’s online banking portal or through its mobile app.
- $0 Liability Guarantee: Bank of America helps ensure that you (or your family/employee) are the only ones making purchases with the card. The issuer’s $0 liability guarantee covers fraudulent purchases made by bad actors using your numbers.
- Contactless Capability: BankAmericard® Credit Cards contain contactless chip technology that enables cardholders to type and pay at authorized retailers.
- X1 Credit Card – Check how to apply.
- Destiny Credit Card – How to order online.
- Delta Skymiles® Reserve American Express Card Review – See more.
If you want a long-term introductory offer with 0% APR and no late fees: The Citi Simplicity® Card offers a 21-month introductory period of 0% APR balance transfers with no late fees.
If you want to earn rewards and save on interest costs: With Discover it® Balance Transfer, you can get a long-term 0% introductory APR offer (variable introductory rate applies after the 0% introductory APR expires) and some real money back.
What can be improved
Balance transfer fee: The card has a balance transfer fee of 3% (10 minutes), which is common in this category, but still charges.
Bonuses: This card is a fairly neat product, which is part of its appeal, but it would be nice if you could earn points or miles for purchases. Such programs attract credit card holders who like to buy to generate income.
Suggested Credit Rating
The BankAmericard® Credit Card is for people with good to excellent credit, but people with relatively average ratings may also be eligible if they have a good credit history.
The issuer did not publish the specific credit rating this would result in; anecdotes and online reviews seem to suggest that applicants should have a FICO® score of at least 670 to be considered.
It almost goes without saying – but we’ll say it anyway – that credit score isn’t the only metric that card issuers use when deciding to issue you a card. Credit utilization is important, as is a history of paying bank statements on time and hopefully in full.
This card is for you if:
The BankAmericard® Credit Card is clearly the leading choice in the 0% Intro APR category. In short, a few cards we’ve come across can match the feature set of a long introductory period, 0% APR, no annual fee, decent sign-up bonus, and no-penalty APR. These are powerful incentives for different types of credit card customers:
- Your transferred debt can be paid off during the introductory 0% period.
- They worry about paying on time and need the flexibility of an APR-free card.
- You need to buy something now or in the near future, and you want to avoid paying interest on large purchases. Open a BankAmericard® credit card account and make purchases instantly, which customers can repay over a 0% introductory period with no interest.