Transferring a credit card is a great way to consolidate your debt and pay off your credit card balance. The best balance transfer credit cards offer a long-term 0% APR introductory period that can help you cash out your transfer balance without incurring interest charges.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to make a credit transfer with wells fargo credit card transfer offers. We also took a look at the best Wells Fargo credit cards for wire transfers and what you should do once the wire transfer is complete.
How to Make a Credit Transfer with Wells Fargo
If you are applying for a new wells fargo credit card transfer offers, you must be approved before you can transfer your balance. You can then complete the balance transfer in one of three ways:
- Through your Wells Fargo online account
- Through the phone
- By using a balance transfer check
- In each case, you will need to provide your credit card number and the balance you wish to transfer to Wells Fargo, and the amount you wish to transfer from your existing card balance to your Wells Fargo card.
If you would like to transfer money online, log in to your Wells Fargo account and select Account Management, then Request Funds Transfer. If you would like to do it over the phone, please call 1-800-642-4720. You can also visit a Wells Fargo Bank office to learn more about your balance transfer options.
Here are some additional tips and tricks to help you through the process:
Approval rate for credit card debit card and 0% introductory offer
There are some restrictions on who can receive wells fargo credit card transfer offers or make balance transfers. Both depend on your credit history, but in most cases you need good credit and a debt-to-income ratio below 36%.
It’s also important to note that if you’ve used Wells Fargo’s Welcome Offer within the past 15 months—whether it’s a sign-up bonus or 0% introductory APR—you may not be eligible for the new introductory APR offer. Wells have fargo cards.
Complete balance transfer within 120 days
To take advantage of the 0% introductory APR rate on the Wells Fargo Balance Transfer Card, you must complete the balance transfer within the first 120 days of account opening.
You can also save on transfer fees by transferring money early. If you transfer credits within the first 120 days, you will pay a 3% fee (minimum $5) for the qualified credits transferred. After 120 days, you will be charged a transfer fee of up to 5% (minimum $5).
Do you have a plan to cash out the funds you transfer
Completing a balance transfer is just the first step in getting rid of old credit card debt. You will also need to cash out any transfer balances – ideally before your 0% introductory APR period expires. With this in mind, you should make a plan.
If you wish to withdraw your balance before the end of the low introductory rate period, you must determine your monthly payment amount. A balance calculator can help you plan ahead and make smart monthly payments, allowing you to cash out your balance before it accrues interest.
You should also consider whether you can afford to pay that much each month to pay off your debt, or whether you need to cut other types of expenses to pay off your debt. It can be helpful to have a budget that allows you to prioritize spending without falling behind other financial commitments.
What you should know after completing a credit transfer at Wells Fargo
There are a few other things you should know about Wells Fargo credit card balance transfers, such as:
- The credit transfer process is usually easy to start. Apply for a Wells Fargo credit transfer in just a few steps.
- Remember: Balance transfers take time. Wells Fargo transfers can take up to 14 days to complete.
- You’ll still need to pay with your old credit card while you wait for the balance transfer to complete. Losing your credit card payment during the balance transfer process can hurt your credit score.
- Even after the balance transfer is complete, you may still owe money on your old credit card. This can happen if only a portion of your balance has been approved for transfer. Read your credit card statement carefully and make sure you pay any balance or eventual interest charges.
How to Check the Status of Your Wells Fargo Credit Transfer
To check the transfer status of your Wells Fargo balance, log into your Wells Fargo account and check your current balance to see if it includes funds you transferred from another credit card. If so, your balance transfer is complete.
If your Wells Fargo account has not reflected your transferred funds, you can contact your credit card issuer for more information about the status. However, it’s a good idea to wait at least 14 days before requesting a status update.
Best Wells Fargo Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2022
Wells Fargo Reflection Map
- 0% 18-month introductory APR for purchases and eligible balance transfers made within 120 days of account opening (followed by a variable APR of 14.49% to 26.49%)
- Three-month introductory APR extension for a total of up to 21 months with minimum payments made on time during the introductory period
- No annual fee
The Wells Fargo Reflect℠ Card offers the longest 0% introductory APR period of any Wells Fargo card – you have at least 18 months to repay the funds transferred without incurring interest. As a bonus for making the minimum repayments on time, when the 18-month period ends, you’ll get a 3-month extension (followed by a variable APR of 14.49% to 26.49%).
You won’t get any cash rewards with the Wells Fargo Reflect Card, but you’ll get one of the best interest-free APR introductory periods available today. So, if you’re looking for a transfer credit card that gives you plenty of time to cash out your transfer balance, consider the Wells Fargo Reflect Card.
Wells Fargo Active Cash Card
- 0% introductory APR for 15 months from account opening purchases and eligible balance transfers (16.49%, 21.49% or 26.49% variable APR thereafter)
- Earn $200 in cash after spending $1,000 in the first three months
- 2% cash bonus on purchases
- No annual fee
If you prefer a credit card with fixed cash rewards, consider the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card. Wells Fargo Active Cash has a launch period a few months shorter than Wells Fargo Reflect, but it offers an unlimited 2% cash bonus on purchases and a welcome bonus. If you want a card that retains its value long after your funds transfer is paid, Wells Fargo Active Cash may be a good choice for you.
This card charges a variable APR of 16.49%, 21.49% or 26.49% when the introductory APR period ends, so cash out your balance early.
Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card
- 0% introductory APR on nine-month purchases and eligible balance transfers (variable APR from 11.49% to 21.49% thereafter)
- Earn $300 cash back or 30,000 bonus points when you choose the Business Card Rewards program and spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening
- 1.5% cash back on eligible purchases
- No annual fee
The Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card is a great option for business owners who need to transfer funds. There is no annual fee for this card yet, and the introductory APR is 0% on purchases and eligible balance transfers for the first nine months (introductory benefit expires June 30, 2022). Remember, you must pay a 4% transfer fee (minimum $10).
This card is best for businesses with $2 million in annual revenue, so it’s not for small businesses. However, you can get up to 99 employee cards for free.
Completing a credit transfer at Wells Fargo is relatively easy and can be done online, over the phone, or by credit transfer check. Wells Fargo’s best balance transfer card offers 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 to 18 months (possibly up to 21 months), allowing you to pay off your transfer balance in over a year No interest is accrued.
Before applying for a Wells Fargo transfer, create a plan to repay your transfer funds and any additional purchases you make with the card before the APR induction period ends. Otherwise, you could end up facing new credit card debt.