Benefits of US Bank Cash Visa Signature Card
The US Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card offers few unique benefits, but cardholders can take advantage of the unique rewards tier structure and introductory APR to make new purchases and balance transfers. It’s also part of the Visa Signature family of credit cards, which means it has all the benefits that Visa Signature cards offer.
Bank of America is currently offering a $200 incentive bonus to new cardholders if they apply online and spend $1,000 on eligible purchases within the first 120 days of account opening. That means you’ll be spending just over $200 per month for the first four months. That’s pretty doable for most people, and this card is a great option for those who want sign-up bonuses without high spending.
Introductory Offers for APR Purchases and Balance Transfers
Do you have to fund a bulk purchase within a few months? Want to suspend interest on existing debt? This card offers an introductory 0% APR for 15 billing cycles on purchases and balance transfers. After that, the conventional APR was 16.74% – 26.74% variable. The best rewards credit cards tend to have tighter APR introductory periods, but 15 months is a good option. This allows you to focus on paying off your balance for over a year without incurring interest.
Dynamic Bonus Category
One of the biggest advantages of the U.S. Bank Cash Visa Signature Card is 5% cash back that you can choose between two tiers (up to $2,000 per quarter, then 1%). Categories change every quarter, but previous options included TV, Internet and streaming services, home appliances, wireless carriers, electronics stores, gyms, fast food, and more.
Benefits of Visa Signature
Visa divides its credit cards into three tiers: Visa Traditional, Visa Signature, and Visa Infinite. Each tier has its own perks, with Visa Signature being the middle option. Here are some of the benefits available in the US Bank Cash + Visa Signature include:
- Roadside Assistance – For a fixed price per service call, you can call the Roadside Assistance Hotline for emergency assistance 24 hours a day. Services include standard towing, tire changes, jump start, lockout service and fuel delivery.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services – Visa provides the services you need when you travel, including emergency transportation assistance, delivery of prescriptions and valuable documents, legal advice, translation services and lost luggage tracking services.
- Norton LifeLock Solution Discount – Norton Identity Theft Monitor lets you know if and how your data is being used on the dark web.
- Collision Damage Waiver – By using your credit card, you can qualify for rental car insurance without having to buy it from a rental car company.
- Emergency Card Replacement – In an emergency, you will need to replace your card within 1-3 business days.
- No Fraud Liability – You are not responsible for any unauthorized transactions made using your credit card.
How to Maximize the Benefits of a Visa Signature Credit Card
In this way, you can be sure to get the most out of this card.
Learn about your Visa Signature benefits
Many Visa Signature benefits are available for emergencies such as flat tires, lost or stolen cards, or prescription requests. In this case, it may be difficult to remember your coverage. It’s a good idea to refresh your memory of the card’s benefits from time to time so you don’t forget to take advantage of them while you’re calculating.
You can also record your Visa Signature benefits on your phone for easy access when needed.
Use your bonus category
Seasonally changing bonus tiers can keep your bonus games fun, but they can be useless if you’re not careful. To take full advantage of this, you should choose a category where you can spend $2,000 in three months to maximize your 5% cash back benefit. Then of course you should be careful using your card for these purchases. If you have a hard time remembering the bonus category, jot it down on your phone for easy reference.
Transfer your balance as soon as possible
The introductory 0% APR is only available for the first 15 months. Therefore, if you plan to transfer your balance, do so as soon as possible. After the introductory APR period ends, the regular variable APR will be applied to your credit card balance.
The Bank of America Cash + Visa Signature Card doesn’t have the broadest benefits, but you can certainly take advantage of the introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers, as well as rotating reward tiers. Don’t overlook the benefits of Visa Signature, which connects to a variety of emergency services.